Thursday evening April 12th, from 6:30 p.m. until 8:00 p.m, we will meet with MN NAVHDA members who are considering joining us for weekly training at Kelley Farms. There will be no birds or formal training at this event. This is a business meeting at which we will get your contact information and answer your questions. It is important that you attend this meeting as you will be choosing your training night.
There is a change from last year: Chad Simmer will not be holding his Tuesday Positive Reinforcement Training Classes. Instead, we will add a second Traditional Training Class on Tuesday evening. With this second night, we hope to split our large group into two more manageable groups. (Although your dog will not be able to train on both nights, we would welcome your help!)
- Traditional style check cord training starts Tuesday April 17 and Thursday April 19 at 4:00 pm until dark
- Ground rules of MN NAVHDA.
- Ground rules of Kelley Farm.
- Your role in the training and the support for the group.
- Discuss our training program, techniques and answer your questions
- Introduction to the 2300 acres of field and waters of Kelley Farms.
- The collection of clear and legible contact information, required for the notification of birds, training opportunities and weather cancellations
- Kelley Farms will sell Ground Passes at 7:30 p.m. at our location. Passes are $350.00 and are good from April to April. These are required to train with MN NAVHDA.
Although there won’t be any birds or formal training, there may be a few demonstrations. Family and friends are always welcome. Your dog must be kept on lead and picked up after while in the gathering area. Watch for the orange MN NAVHDA signs on Manning Ave, pointing to our location.
Questions? Email Mark Jacobs, MN NAVHDA Director of Training, or call 651-260-8600