This is a 2 day Event open to members and non-members as an introduction to NAVHDA principles and the Minnesota Chapter.
There will be about 45 minutes to an hour in the mornings where we will go over some basic NAVHDA principles from the AIMS & Rules book, and how this can be used to tailor a training program for your dog. We will then move to the field to demonstrate the different segments of the Natural Ability, Utility Prep and Utility Tests and some training concepts for them. Whether you are planning on testing your dog in NAVHDA or not, these training principles can be applied to all the versatile breeds to help them become a better hunting companion.
- Saturday will focus on the Natural Ability Test and exposure concepts for younger dogs who are not ready for advanced obedience training.
- Sunday will focus on The Utility Prep and Utility Test and training concepts for the advanced obedience and retrieving required in these tests.
We will be using pigeons, quail and ducks for training demonstrations. There may be extra birds for sale-no guarantee on that.
Attendees are welcome to attend one or both days. Cost is $20.00 either way.
What to bring:
- NAVHDA AIMS Book if you have one. You can also print one here:
- Notebook & pen/pencil
- Folding chair-camp chair
- Lunch, snacks, beverages. We will take a break for lunch but lunch is on your own.
- Dog & Kennel/tie out stake. You will not be working with your dog all day, so they will need to be kenneled or staked out at times.
- Leash, Training vest, water bottles for dog
- Bird boxes/crates in case there are leftover birds for sale.
CAMPING IS AVAILABLE ON-SITE. There are a limited number of electrical hookups.
Questions? email email@example.com