Please scroll down for 2024 Events/Clinics
The chapter can be a resource for general training philosophies and access to birds and grounds, but due to the size of our membership, we cannot give every member the attention they may need at our larger scheduled training clinics or events.
Our scheduled training and exposure clinics will focus on general principles that members can build off of and formulate their own strategies and make connections with other members with similar goals. Volunteering at our testing and scheduled training events is also a great way to meet other members and get into smaller training groups.
To be on any of our training/testing grounds, you must have an annual pass, or be part of a chapter sponsored training event or test. These events will be marked with signs. Watch for the Orange MNNAVHDA signs.
Please send general Training inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Outdoor Training Locations/Grounds
Four Brooks WMA-north of Milaca, MN
send inquiries to: email@example.com
(Only monitored during training season roughly mid-April through early September)
Iron Range Retriever Club-Virginia, MN
send inquiries to:
Wayne Darvell (651) 238-9694 firstname.lastname@example.org
2024 Training Clinics/Events
- MONDAY 10 Week Positive Reinforcement Training-Stillwater, MN on 02/05/2024 7:00 pm
Minnesota NAVHDA offers a variety of training opportunities for our members, such as:
- Indoor Obedience Classes for members working toward a “finished” gun dog and NAVHDA Utility Tests. (2023 Courses are Full)
- Indoor Positive Reinforcement classes for puppies to build a foundation for future advancement. (2023 Courses are Full)
- Specialty Weekend Clinics for Advanced Obedience Work (Retrieving/Force Fetch)
- NAVHDA official weekend clinics (Aims & Rules, Invitational Clinics)
- MOCK Natural Ability Tests
- One Day Weekend Informational Clinics (Versatile Dog 101 & 201).
- Small, self formed weekly focused training groups.
Small Training Groups
Versatile dog training works best when small groups of like minded people with similar training goals can help each other with their training, and Minnesota NAVHDA encourages members to form their own small training groups and we will help support with access to birds & equipment. We have members that meet regularly at several different grounds locations starting as soon as the snow melts in the spring. Please reference our membership directory in the main menu. Volunteering at our testing and scheduled training events is also a great way to meet other members and get into smaller training groups.
**If you are a newer member, or are looking for help getting in a small training group, our Director of Training will try to assist. Send questions to: email@example.com