Joe Dolejsi Memorial Youth and New Handler Scholarship Fund
This scholarship has been established by the Minnesota Chapter of NAVHDA in memory of and in recognition of Joe Dolejsi’s commitment and many contributions to NAVHDA and the development of the Minnesota Chapter. Joe was a dedicated leader at the International level as well as the Chapter Level. He also enjoyed interacting with youth and new handlers and was a firm believer that their involvement would be a cornerstone to the growth of NAVHDA.
At the International level:
- He was a Judge for 27 years.
- He judged 1793 Dogs at 218 individual Chapter Tests.
- He was a Handler Clinic (now Aims & Rules Clinic) Leader.
- He led 14 Handler Clinics (now Aims & Rules Clinic).
- He was the Director of Testing, 1996.
- He was the Director of Judge Development for 2 years, 1997-1998.
- He was the NAVHDA International President for 6 years, 1999-2004.
- He was the NAVHDA International Treasurer for 10 years, 2008-2017.
Each year the Chapter may award new Scholarships to YOUTH applicants (under 19 at the time of their application), and/or to any adult applicants who are new to hunting and to versatile dog ownership. Award decisions will be based on the quality and merits of the application.
Recipients will be awarded the following MN NAVHDA events/privileges:
- Reimbursement for Initial NAVHDA International 12 month membership for recipient. (If applicant is NOT currently a NAVHDA International member at time of application for scholarship. Youth $35. Adult $65.)
- 1-year Family Chapter Membership or reimbursement as applicable.
- Any Training Events or Seminars held by the Chapter
- Obedience Classes
- Test/Training Prep Seminars
- Training Clinics
- Training Days or Weekend Events
- AIMS/Rules Clinic if held by the MN Chapter. (Chapter will assist Youth recipients with application for the NAVHDA International Kristin Rieser Youth Scholarship Fund.)
- Annual Grounds Pass to ONE Training Venue (Note-does not include purchase of training birds)
- ONE MN NAVHDA Test Fee. (Chapter will assist Youth recipients with application for the NAVHDA Youth testing incentive program.
Recipients awarded the scholarship must be the individual handling the dog and registering/signing up as the Handler for all training and testing events.
Recipient must sign up and register for any event on their own. Notify Chapter officials or Event Coordinators at time of registration that you are a Scholarship Recipient.
The winner of the Joe Dolejsi Memorial Scholarship will be selected by vote of the Board of Directors of the Minnesota Chapter of NAVHDA. Children, grandchildren and spouses/significant others of members of the Board of Directors are not eligible to participate.
To apply for the scholarship, please complete the following information and hit SUBMIT at bottom.