Joe Dolejsi Annual Youth Scholarship

This scholarship has been established by the Minnesota Chapter of NAVHDA in recognition of Joe Dolejsi’s commitment and many contributions to NAVHDA and the development of the Minnesota Chapter.  Joe was a dedicated leader at the International level as well as the Chapter Level. He also enjoyed interacting with youth and was a firm believer that their involvement would be a cornerstone to the growth of NAVHDA.

At the International level:
  • He was a judge for 27 years.
  • He judged 1793 Dogs.
  • He judged at 218 Chapter Tests.
  • He was a Clinic Leader.
  • He led 14 handler clinics.
  • He was the Director of Testing, 1996.
  • He was the Director of Judge Development for 2 years, 1997-1998.
  • He was the NAVHDA president for 6 years, 1999-2004.
  • He was the Treasurer for 10 years, 2008-2017.

Every year the Chapter will award a scholarship to a young Chapter member, 18 years or under at the time of their application. Applications must be received by January 1st of each year and the winner will be announced at the Chapter’s annual meeting.  For 2018, applications must be submitted by March 1st and the winner will be announced by March 31st.

The recipient will be awarded coupons for the following MN NAVHDA events/privileges:
  • 1-year Family Chapter Membership* (include coupon with mail-in registration)
  • 1 Obedience Class – 10 Week Session (include coupon with mail-in registration)
  • 1 MOCK Test (NA or UPT/UT) (include coupon with mail-in registration)
  • 25% off ONE MN NAVHDA Test Fee. (NAVHDA Testing Incentive Program offers reimbursement for the other 75%)**
  • Free Pass to any MN NAVHDA Training Events for that year. Includes any grounds and registration fees. Purchase of birds is the responsibility of the handler.

The youth awarded the scholarship must be the individual handling the dog and registering/signing up as the Handler (training or testing)

*If recipient or family is currently a member of the Chapter, the coupon can be used for the following year.

**Recipient must sign up and register for any event on their own.  Coupons must be submitted along with registration forms or presented at the time of a daily event not requiring registration. Normal test refund policies apply and a credit, not cash will be refunded.  Reimbursement from NAVHDA International for their Youth Incentive Program covering 75% of test fees must be applied for separately. NAVHDA Youth Testing Incentive Program.  If the recipient elects to participate in a Chapter sponsored Handler’s Clinic, they must apply for the NAVHDA International Kristin Rieser Youth Scholarship Fund  which will pay for participation in this event.

To apply for the scholarship, please follow this link: Application for Joe Dolejsi Scholarship

If you would like to make a tax deductible contribution to this fund in memory of Joe, please follow this link: GOFUNDME  The Joe Dolejsi Youth Scholarship Fund

The winner of the Joe Dolejsi Annual Youth Scholarship will be selected by vote of the Board of Directors of the Minnesota Chapter of NAVHDA. Children and grandchildren of members of the Board of Directors are not eligible to participate.