Happy New Year Chapter Members!
Hunting season is over for the majority of us, but good luck to those of you still chasing birds in the more southerly states. Please share your pics on our MN NAVHDA Facebook Page.
Our Annual Meeting and Fable Fest is rapidly approaching and will be held Saturday February 1st from 6-9pm at Chomonix Golf Course Clubhouse in Lino Lakes. Catch up with your fellow chapter members, share hunting stories and talk about your upcoming training plans. Please consider donating a wrapped item for our silent auction fundraiser. It can be serious or funny. Include a creative hint to entice (or mislead) your fellow bidders. (Watch out for the Norwegian briefs! You never know where they will show up.) Chili with all the fixings will be provided. Please bring a side dish to share-salads, hot-dishes, and desserts of all types are welcome. One change this year is that NO Outside alcohol can be brought in. (New Anoka County Parks Rules.) There will be a cash bar with beer, wine and liquor at your own expense. In addition to Officer Reports and a short Business meeting, there will be a VOTE on updating the Chapter Bylaws. Click here for Full Event details.
Minnesota NAVHDA Chapter membership renewals were due by 12/31. You can renew online, or do a print & mail option. Renewals are $40.00.
2020 Training Season kicks off soon. Follow the links for Registration Info.
- There are still a few openings for the NEW Winter 10 week Positive Obedience Class geared towards puppies 12 weeks to 12 months old. Starts Monday January 13th in Stillwater.
- The traditional Winter Barb Jensen Obedience Class is FULL and closed to entries.
- The NEW Retrieving/Force Fetch Clinic on Feb 8th is FULL and closed to entries.
- Training/Preparing for NAVHDA Testing Seminar Saturday March 14th 10am-2pm at Cabelas in Rogers.
- For the 4th consecutive year, we will be holding a NAVHDA Handler Clinic, on May 2nd & 3rd. It will be led this year by longtime Chapter member and Senior Judge Terry Petro. Limited to 20 participants, so sign up early. These clinics have filled the last 3 years.
Last Year, Our Chapter led the entire NAVHDA system with 16 testing days over 5 weekends. We are repeating that schedule this year and our 2020 testing calendar is now published and all tests are open for entries. New this year is online test form submission and payment options. We encourage those with testing plans to sign up early. Tests filled quickly last year.
**So that we can help better serve your training needs & goals, we are asking all those who plan on participating in Training this year to complete our 2020 MN NAVHDA Training Survey. Weekly small group Training information will be published by the end of February. **
Lastly, I would like to thank all of our Chapter Sponsors for 2020:
- Waconia Ford
- Autumn Breeze Kennels
- The Natural Hound & Naked Bear Naturals
- Pete & Kathleen Aplikowski RE/MAX Results Real Estate
- Jan’s Hanging By A Thread Embroidery By Design
- Kelley Land & Cattle Company
- Oakwood Gamebird Producers
- Sudden Valley Kennels