Hello Minnesota Chapter Members,
It is Chapter membership renewal time. Please note that there are TWO levels of membership in NAVHDA. NAVHDA International, and local Chapters.
Registration for certain 2021 Training & Testing Events will be open after January 1st, and chapter members get notified of these first, so it is important to keep up your NAVHDA International membership as well as your Minnesota Chapter membership. Check your NAVHDA International membership here
Chapter Membership Renewals are now open, and there is a $10 Discount for renewals by 12/31. You MUST be a chapter member to train with Minnesota NAVHDA. You can sign up or Renew Here.
As we get closer to the New Year, we are starting to get some clarity on more of our 2021 Event dates. Unfortunately, with the Governor’s current CV-19 epidemic Executive Orders, it appears we are NOT going to be able to have our traditional winter indoor obedience classes. We are studying some virtual options (ZOOM, etc..)
Due to COVID-19, we will also NOT be having our traditional Annual Meeting & Fable Fest this winter. To fulfill the requirements of our bylaws, we ARE planning on having a “Virtual” Business Meeting on Tuesday Feb 2nd at 7:00pm. Chapter members will be notified by email of how to attend.
For a 2021 fundraiser, we will be doing a raffle for TWO Garmin Alpha 200i bundles. Limit of 250 tickets @ $20 each. Details will be announced in January
Our 2021 Testing Dates & Locations will be:
(not open for entries until January)
- May 15th, 16th-Natural Ability-Four Brooks, Milaca
- June 12th, 13th- Natural Ability, Utility Prep, Utility-Four Brooks, Milaca
- July 24th, 25th-Natural Ability-Four Brooks, Milaca
- Aug 14th, 15th-Natural Ability, Utility Prep, Utility-Pine Ridge Grouse Camp-Remer
- Aug 21st, 22nd-Natural Ability, Utility Prep, Utility-Iron Range Retriever Club-Virginia
- Sep 4th, 5th-Natural Ability, Utility Prep, Utility-Kelley Farms-Hugo. DOUBLE TEST (2 Judging teams)
- Sep 11th, 12th-Natural Ability-Four Brooks, Milaca
Some of our planned 2021 Training Events will be:
- April-May as weather permits- half day Duck Search clinics. Led by NAVHDA Judge Pete Aplikowski-Kelley Farms and Four Brooks
- April 24th & 25th-Steadiness Clinic with Pro Trainer Kyle Hough-Kelley Farms Hugo, MN
- May 22nd & 23rd.-Training/Handler Clinic- Iron Range Retriever Club-Virginia, MN
- June 5th & 6th-INVITATIONAL Handler Clinic led by NAVHDA SR. Judge Clyde Vetter-Kelley Farms Hugo, MN
- June 12th & 13th-AIMS, Rules Clinic led by NAVHDA SR. Judge Terry Petro-Pine Ridge Grouse Camp-Remer, MN
- August 7th & 8th-Training Weekend at the Iron Range Retriever Club-Virginia, MN
- Late April through August-WEEKLY small group focused training.-Kelley Farms, Four Brooks, Virginia, Remer
We will be adding more events to our calendar in the coming months.
Please also remember to check out our Chapter SPONSORS.
We also want to give a special mention and Thank You to members Jeff & Tasha Pleskac and Brad Storch for helping with our trailer storage needs over the winter.
Please share you hunting stories & photos on Our Facebook page.
If you want to make an additional contribution to the Chapter, please consider giving to our Grounds Improvement Fund.